top of page
UofTaxila Primary 2-03.png

Partnering U.S. Public Universities

2-color-black-text-fhsu-lockdown-centered.png
UND Primary.png
_MG_8559.jpg

STAND OUT

Photo Courtesy: Fort Hays State University

Bachelor's Scholarships

Merit-Based Scholarships

All students will be automatically considered for different merit-based scholarships, regardless of their financial needs or situations. There is no separate application required. Exemplary students will be selected to receive a merit-based scholarship based on their outstanding academic records, strong extracurricular achievements, demonstrated leadership skills, and effective community services. 

(1) "Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship" - Full Tuition and Stipend Award

The University of Taxila is working with relevant partners and institutions to award full scholarships covering tuition and living expenses. More information about eligibility, requirements, and coverages of the "Diversity and Inclusion" Scholarship will be announced as soon as we have updates.

(2) "The Founder's Scholarship" - Full Tuition Award

The University of Taxila will award one "Founder's Scholarship", a type of full tuition scholarship to the most outstanding applicant in the 2024-2025 academic year. The scholarship will cover the full tuition for a student to study all four years in Myanmar. However, it will not cover any other fees that are not associated with the tuition, such as the annual technological fee, the annual registration fee, and so on. The scholarship will also not cover tuition for in-person studying in Hays, Kansas. 

The full tuition scholarship is worth approximately $30,000, which the scholarship student can use to study any major available under the FHSU-UofTaxila academic partnership. The scholarship can be renewed every semester if the student meets the following requirements throughout the scholarship period. 

  1. Maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.200

  2. Work part-time (15 hours per week) on campus as a student employee

  3. Get involved as the coordinator or active member of a student club for all four years

  4. Act as a student ambassador in events and activities 

  5. Be an exemplary student leader upholding the core values of the university

In addition, applicants should also meet the following terms and conditions of the scholarship. 

  1. After receiving the full tuition scholarship, the scholarship student cannot accept additional tuition scholarships from the University of Taxila or any other institutions/organizations. However, students can accept non-tuition scholarships to cover their food, housing, and general costs.

(3) "The Presidential Scholarship" - Partial Tuition Award

The University of Taxila will award two "Presidential Scholarships" to two of the most outstanding applicants. The scholarship will cover up to 70% of tuition for students to study all four years in Myanmar. However, it will not cover any other fees that are not associated with the tuition, such as the annual technological fee, the annual registration fee, and so on. The scholarship will also not cover tuition for in-person studying in Hays, Kansas. 

The amount of each partial scholarship depends on the applicant's personal and academic achievements. The maximum amount that a student can receive through a partial tuition scholarship is 70% of the tuition. There is no limitation on the major that a partial scholarship winner can choose to study. The scholarship can be renewed every semester if the student meets the following requirements throughout the scholarship period. 

  1. Maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.000

  2. Work part-time (10 hours per week) on campus as a student employee

  3. Get involved in a student club or different student clubs for at least two years

  4. Act as a student ambassador in events and activities 

  5. Be an exemplary student leader upholding the core values of the university

In addition, applicants should also meet the following terms and conditions of the scholarship. 

  1. After receiving the partial tuition scholarship, the scholarship student cannot accept additional tuition scholarships that may exceed the total tuition amount. If a student receives a 60% partial scholarship, he or she can still accept an external tuition scholarship to cover the remaining 40%. Students can also accept non-tuition scholarships to cover their food, housing, and general costs.

(4) "The American Dream Scholarship" - Partial Tuition Award

The University of Taxila will award several "The American Dream Scholarships", a type of partial tuition waiver up to $1 million in total. The partial scholarship will cover a portion of tuition for students to study all four years in Myanmar. However, it will not cover any other fees that are not associated with the tuition, such as the annual technological fee, the annual registration fee, and so on. The scholarship will also not cover tuition for in-person studying in Hays, Kansas. 

The amount of each partial scholarship depends on the applicant's personal and academic achievements. The maximum amount that a student can receive through a partial tuition scholarship is 60% of the tuition. There is no limitation on the major that a partial scholarship winner can choose to study. The scholarship can be renewed every semester if the student meets the following requirements throughout the scholarship period. 

  1. Maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.000

  2. (Optional) Work part-time (5 hours per week) on campus as a student employee

  3. Get involved in a student club or different student clubs for at least two years

  4. Act as a student ambassador in events and activities 

  5. Be an exemplary student leader upholding the core values of the university

In addition, applicants should also meet the following terms and conditions of the scholarship. 

  1. After receiving the partial tuition scholarship, the scholarship student cannot accept additional tuition scholarships that may exceed the total tuition amount. If a student receives a 60% partial scholarship, he or she can still accept an external tuition scholarship to cover the remaining 40%. Students can also accept non-tuition scholarships to cover their food, housing, and general costs.

UofTaxila Secondary-01.png

© 2023 University of Taxila
All rights reserved.
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)

bottom of page